6 reasons why buying materialized music can make us feeling betterPosted: April 1, 2012
Listening to music has never been so easy.
Get yourself a computer, an internet link, an Ipod or MP3 player and here there are : Gigabytes of online music ready to be heard by you, wether you purchase it … or not.
Unfortunately, such an amount of music leads us to miss great things we would have been through just 20 years ago.
Because everything is virtual and totally wide available, getting music online completely blows away the process of selection and the real pleasure for us to be part of a story.
Too many choices lead to bulimia, fear and anxiety.
‘I must get every album available now. Otherwise, I’m gonna miss a real good one’
Globalization and high-speed technology can really lead us to hysteria and limitless exaggerations.
Do you remember what you felt the last time you downloaded 20 albums at a time on your computer or when you uploaded a thousand songs on your ipod ?
Nothing really meaningful I guess.
I’m not sure you even remember of the precise moment.
As far as I’m concerned, I still remember what I felt buying ‘Bon Jovi’s – Keep The Faith’ in 1993 or ‘Toto’s – Kingdom of Desire‘ in 1992.
For all the things I’ve been through with these albums, I steel have the pictures deep in my mind, the vibrations in my ears and the feeling rolling all over my body.
There are so many reasons we should buy materialized music sometimes.
Here are 6 of them.
When we buy a CD, we also :
- Make a conscious choice and take full responsability for it as an act. We decide to buy this CD and not this one and. Furthermore, as a matter of fact, unless we throw it away, we’ll have the material proof of what we did for a long time.
- Create a moment for further memories, made of pictures, sounds, smells and other senses. Maybe, before buying it, we’ll go and have a coffee with a funny friend. After buying it, we’ll go and have a very romantic dinner with our wife. Whatever : buying the CD will be part of a moment we could remember a lifetime if we want to.
- Meet people, salesmen or customers, and share something with them. Some salesmen could come to us and give us good advices for related artists and musics stuff we could probably dig. We could meet other fans of our favorites bands.
- Get emotions while touching the CD Pack, getting the CD off the blister and putting it into our CD-PLAYER at home or in our car.
- Make the CD be part of our history. Once again, unless we decide to throw it always, it will be with us, event if we don’t listen to it anymore. Even if we have to move to our appartment to another one.
- Slow down and take time to live and feel the moment. Let’s take our car, a bus or a cab to go dowton, visit a museum and then buy one or two CD of one of some favorites artists of our own. If the weather is sunny, we could have a slow walk before coming home. Shall we ?
- Try and listen excerpts of the music we want to figure out.
- Download some good stuffs sometimes
- Buy our favorites ones in town’s stores, meet people and slow down for a while
Acting like this, can help us to rebuild a link with concrete things we already lost for a part and as a consequence, help us to feel a little better.